Original content by OnlySport.Games
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition
EA - Maxis
- OS: Windows XP
- Processor: PIII 500 or equivalent
- Memory: 256MB
- Graphics: 32MB supported Direct3D capable video card with DirectX 7.0 or greater
- compatible driver
- DirectX®: DirectX 8.1
- Hard Drive: 1.6GB
- Supported 3D Accelerator Hardware: SimCity 4 Deluxe / Rush Hour requires a 32MB 3D Direct3D chipset, and a display that is at least 800x600 in size, and supports 16 or 32-bit color. It is recommended to always install the latest certified drivers for all your hardware
- nVidia TNT2, TNT2 M64, & TNT2 Ultra
- nVidia GeForce SDR, GeForce DDR, GeForce Quadro, GeForce2 GTS, GeForce2 MX, GeForce2 GTS, GeForce3, GeForce4 MX, GeForce4 Ti 4200/4400/4600/4800 SE, and GeForceFX 5200/5600/5800/5900
- ATI Radeon 7000, 7200, 7500, 8500, 9000, 9200, 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800
- Known Issues: Due to hardware limitations with the ATI Radeon series, some buildings and graphic effects will be temporarily turned off while scrolling. There is a known ATI driver defect that results in SimCity advisor animations dropping polygons. To fix this, please download ATI driver 7.79 or later (also referred to as CATALYST 02.4) from http://www.ati.com on the Internet.
- Matrox G400, G450, G550, Parhelia
- SiS 315, Xabre 400
- PowerVR KYRO, KYRO II
- Trident Blade 64
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition
EA - Maxis
- OS: 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion), 10.9.5 (Mavericks), 10.10.5 (Yosemite), 10.11.6 (El Capitan), 10.12 (Sierra)
- Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 2 GB
- Video Memory: 256 MB
- Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 3870 / NVidia Geforce 8800 / Intel HD 3000
- Additional: Macintosh mouse and keyboard required.
- NOTICE: This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive)
- NOTICE: The following video chipsets are unsupported for SimCity4 Deluxe: ATI RADEON HD 2400, 2600, NVIDIA 8600m, Intel Integrated GMA 950, Intel Integrated x3100
- NOTICE: SimCity4 Deluxe Mac is localized into French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese
- OS: 10.9.5 (Mavericks)
- Processor: 2.2GHz Intel Quad Core or better
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Video Memory: 512 MB
- Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5750 / NVidia Geforce 650M
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - Game Review
Our main goal is to provide full and useful game reviews. Our authors strictly follow the rules: minimum 15 hours of gameplay, storyline completement, all multiplayer and challenge modes play and years of gaming experience.View all reviews
A super hit from 2003, the origin to hordes of followers, the classic simulator of life. SimCity 4 is still playable and available on Steam. So you can build your city of nostalgic dream and compare your virtual life to what you have built in reality, hehe.
It may seem funny to rate graphics of 15-year old game in 2018 seriously. The total space it requires on your drive is just 1 GB, quite a volume back in 2003, but now??? And yet the city you build looks… cute. That’s the word.
Though in fact, it’s a pseudo 3D, it really feels like the city grows in all directions, by all three axes.
First, there was just a territory. Then you come here and start your civilizing mission. And gradually it becomes a place to be for numerous Sims that live their virtual lives, and you try to make them as comfortable as can be. Provide them with homes and roads, power plants and restaurants, schools and fire stations, and so on.
Create different zones for your town – residential, industrial, and commercial. Provide communication between them. React to your people’s needs and satisfy them. Your budget is limited, so don’t max it, and do your best to refill it. The stats within the game provide all the info you need.
Rush Hour expansion pack offers a little different approach, more transport-oriented. Your city gets less static and more alive, and you are to guarantee its transport efficiency and safety.
In addition to mayor mode, there is even God mode. It encourages you to do even more: create the natural terrain of your dream and then build a city that fits it best.
If you have forgotten how to play, the game offers a brief tutorial.
As the game was initially developed for PC in 2003, you mostly operate it with a mouse. There is a complicated set of keyboard shortcuts, and for real fans, they accelerate the building process. But casual players will be good with just a mouse.
The menu seems a bit complicated, but (you know) not as complicated as real city management. Anyway, it will take you hours to make it out for the first time, and maybe just as much to recollect it if you haven’t played SimCity 4 for long.
Replay Value: 5
Oh, if the game of 2003 is still demanded in 2018, it only means that the game is very, very attractive for replay. If you like it, you’ll always want a better city for your Sims – larger, more comfortable, better optimized and more beautiful.
SimCity 4 is a real classic piece, with advanced city building mechanics and a lot of fantasy. Though today’s analogs offer much more spectacular graphics, the basics are the same, and it’s a perfect option for mastering this type of games. You may feel a little nostalgia if you discovered it first in its time, but luckily that’s not the only reason to play SimCity 4 now. It’s just worth it.
Still playable in 2018, with beautiful views and lowest system requirements, but for many, it’s an artifact of nostalgic value.
Pros : Good quality
Sweet nostalgic feelings around it
Low system requirements
Available legally in Steam
Cons : The game is old, and that’s the fact you can’t deny
Replay Value 5.0